Cauliflower is a member of the mustard family & is harvested whole in Autumn. It’s a really versatile vegetable containing a good source of dietary fibre & can be cooked in many ways. It became a popular substitute for rice as low carb diets became more fashionable. Cauliflower is low in calories but rich in nutritional benefits.
Some of the key nutrients it contains are:
- Vitamin C: a strong antioxidant that helps to prevent disease and cellular de-generation – important for egg and sperm DNA health. It also helps to produce skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels, whilst helping maintain cartilage, bone and tooth health.
- Vitamin K: aids in healthy blood clotting.
- Folate: a B vitamin that promotes heart health, a baby’s healthy development whilst in the womb, and helps prevent birth defects such as spinabifida.
- Vitamin B5: plays a critical role in the utilization of fats and carbohydrates for energy production, as well as the manufacture of adrenal hormones and red blood cells
- Vitamin B6: needed for proper brain development in children and brain function for people of all ages. It helps your body make the hormones Serotonin and Norepinephrine, which help to regulate mood and cope with stress.
Chinese medicine uses cauliflower to:
- Moisten the Lungs and Intestines
- Strengthen digestion
- Calm a cough
Cauliflower is considered to have a mild action, which makes it good as a food that you can safely eat on a regular basis. It helps ease symptoms of dryness such as having a lack of cervical mucus around ovulation or experiencing constipation with dry stools. Cauliflower also strengthens digestion when used over a long period of time. Combine with bell peppers and celery to optimise the digestive effect. It has also been used as a mild home-remedy in China for centuries to help ease a dry cough, which it also achieves through its natural moistening property.
NEED MORE HELP?
Get extra FREE support below
GRAB YOUR FREE E-COPY OF MY #1 BOOK (3rd Edition)
THE ULTIMATE FERTILITY GUIDE
Claim your free guide to discover the 3 steps that could dramatically speed up your journey to having your baby!
Andrew Loosely is The Natural Fertility Expert and author of The Ultimate Fertility Guide. One of the most sought after consultants in the Fertility community, he is famous for helping thousands of people around the world to transform their fertility health, to conceive and birth their babies. Find out more