Oven Roast Beef Recipe
Oven Roast Beef
Cooking time 1 hr 10 mins
- 1.5 kg of grass-fed organic roasting beef (ideally topside)
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 medium onions or 1 large leek
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 1 bunch of mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, bay, sage
- Olive oil
Note: I recommend using only organic grass-fed and free-range meats; organic vegetables; and cold-pressed organic oils where possible. Soy sauce should be a good quality fermented soy sauce.
- Remove the beef from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking, to let it warm to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/ gas 9.
- Wash and roughly chop the vegetables, but don’t peel them. Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.
- Put the vegetables, garlic, and herbs into the middle of your roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- On a separate plate, drizzle the beef with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper and rub this into the meat.
- Place the beef on top of the vegetables in the roasting tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and reduce the heat immediately to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour for medium beef. If you prefer medium-rare beef, take it out 5 to 10 minutes earlier.
For well done, leave it in for another 10 to 15 minutes.
If you’d like to add more vegetables such as potatoes etc then you’ll need to prep them now and add for the last 45-50 minutes of cooking time.
Make sure you baste the beef halfway through cooking. If the vegetables look dry add a little water to the tray to stop them from burning.
When the beef is cooked to your preference take the meat out of the oven and place in a bowl to rest for around 10-15 minutes.
Cover it with a plate and a tea towel to keep it warm.
Keep the vegetables in the oven until you serve the meat.
NEED MORE HELP?
GRAB YOUR FREE E-COPY OF MY #1 BOOK (3rd Edition)
THE ULTIMATE FERTILITY GUIDE
Claim your free guide to discover the 3 steps that could dramatically speed up your journey to having your baby!
The Natural Fertility Expert